Looking for new lamb recipes? Here is a step-by-step recipe to prepare a knuckle of lamb with saffron potatoes, a tasty main course perfect for meat lovers.
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Potatoes: 700 grams, waxy, peeled and cut into wedges
- Stock: 150 – 200 ml, lamb
- Saffron: ground
- Lemon Zest: 1 tsp
- Lamb: 4 small knuckles, ready to cook
- Lemon: 2, unwaxed, cut into wedges
- Parsley: leaves, to garnish
Mix together the garlic, lemon zest and 2 tbsp oil.
Season with salt and ground black pepper and brush onto the meat. Marinate for around 2 hours.
Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), gas 5.
Place the meat in a roasting dish and roast for around 2 hours, turning occasionally.
After one hour, add the potatoes, lemons and stock.
Stir in the saffron and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper.
At the end of the cooking time, season to taste and arrange the meat on preheated plates.
Serve garnished with parsley.